Southeastern Regional Sales Manager
Valley Extrusions is a global manufacturing leader offering precision, custom extrusions. With a range of in-line and off-line services, and the flexibility to produce both short and long runs, Valley can typically fulfill the needs of most any extruded requirements. We serve all of North America and Europe from our headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
Valley offers a competitive salary, commission and benefit plan. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, spending accounts and 401(k).
The Southeastern Regional Sales Manager position is responsible for developing sales and maintaining existing sales base. This is a home-based position, based in the Greater Atlanta area. Valley Extrusions’ sister company, Metuchen, New Jersey-based thermoformer C+K Plastics, recently opened a new facility in Conyers, Georgia, and this position is being added to complement that expansion.
- Grow sales of thermoforming and profile extrusions to new or existing customers
- Develop strategic business partnerships; create and negotiate long-term business relationships
- Seek, create, and develop new business opportunities to build sales
- Develop and execute account-specific sales and marketing strategies
- Ensure that customer service needs are met, and troubleshoot problems reported by customers, serving as a liaison between them and technical groups when handling complaints or problems
- Participate in sales forecasting and strategic planning; research, develop, and maintain long- and short-range sales & marketing plans
- Gather and report market trends and intelligence to aid management in understanding and acting upon customer, consumer, and industry insights
- Adapt knowledge of customer strategies to company strategy to optimize sales potential
- Serve effectively as the customer’s advocate, while supporting the company’s objectives
- Understand and promote all products within existing customer base
- Effectively communicate and champion the company’s goals and values to customers
- Initiate and coordinate multi-level, functional communications between customer and company personnel
- Maintain a good, practical knowledge of the markets in which our customers compete
- Become a resource for customers to stimulate, aid, and enhance product development activities
- Ability to travel, up to 40-50%, as required
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum five years’ experience in sales and account management
- Five years of sales experience in the plastics industry preferred
- Minimum three years’ experience in plastic sheet, thermoforming or profile extrusion.
- Knowledge of effective sales techniques, market and product research methods, and sales forecasting and planning required
- Knowledge of specifics of products being sold, production and delivery methods and capabilities, and required sales/financial reporting
- Ability to effectively negotiate contracts and sales agreements directly with customer, including large customers for multi-year/multi-million-dollar contracts, if required
- Solid verbal and written communication skills; ability to give effective presentations, and be understood by internal and external interfaces
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment across multi-functional disciplines
- Ability to effectively interface with all types and levels of internal and external individuals, and resolve customer issues, balancing customer needs with the company’s business objectives
- Good planning and organization skills; self-starter with solid problem-solving ability
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; knowledge of PowerPoint preferred
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, including percentages, discounts, etc.
- CRM experience required (Salesforce preferred)